26.2K views
2.0

I have read non stop people's reviews complaining about OfferUps crappy customer service (which it is), and that they get banned for no reason (which yes, offerup does that B.S. frequently). I myself have been banned TWICE for no reason. Here's how to not only never get banned again, but it completely removes offerups ability to ban you in the future also. It also remedies the problem with these losers not allowing people to delete their accounts.

1) make a FAKE email account somewhere such as Mail.com or GMX.com.

2) Download the android app called "Fake GPS".

3) Open the Fake GPS app and it tricks any website into thinking you're location is somewhere else in the world than which you really are. You can pick ANYWHERE in the world you wish to be from.

4) Create a new bogus offerup account using the fake email you just made (be sure you keep the Fake GPS app running) and there you go...Offerup CAN NOT recognize or block your phone even if it was previously banned. Hope this helps some folks who've been burned like I have.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of non existent customer service. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss offerup website. Offerup needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned offerup website in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Offerup.

Comments

Offerup does not do what they say they do or will do.

Don’t see the benefit to them other than collecting your info.

Awh.

Now there it is there ...

Offerup could be profiting from your email, from you info.Who knows!

I’m mad as ***, you should be to!

If I do a factory reset on the same phone I was banned with will I be able to create a new offerup account and start again?

make a new account open it in incognito mode on chrome on your phone and it works

This is a free site. When that is the case, you get what you get.

Hi everyone -

The only possible way to start using OfferUp again is by creating a new account with a new email on a new device (phone/tablet).You will NEVER recover your old account.

1. Create a new email (GMX, Yandex, Mail)

2. Buy a new Phone or Tablet.

On this NEW device create a NEW OfferUp account using the new email.

4. Take NEW pictures of your products, Post your products again and start selling. How to get banned/blocked again?

1. Using the SAME pictures you used and that are associated with your blocked account. 2. Using a phone or device that you used in the past with your blocked account.

NEVER log in from a device that used the blocked account. It will associate your new account with the blocked account. Please note that OfferUp does not care about the IP or the WiFi network you use, they do not block IPs or WiFis. They ONLY block Devices associated with blocked accounts.

I suggest you to buy several tablets and on each tablet create a different account. Never mix one with the other. One account per tablet.

If one gets blocked the other one will not be blocked, EVEN IF YOU USE THE SAME WIFI (IP) on all of the Tablets.Hope this helps!

to OfferUp Team #1411870

Are these people for real?"I suggest you to buy several tablets and on each tablet create a different account.

Never mix one with the other. One account per tablet."

Seriously? Wow.

Why are kicking people off your app to begin with?

Are you all powerful?

Seems you need to be knocked down a few perceived pegs...In a year or two your app will be obsolete and people will remember you for your bad behavior toward customers.

to OfferUp Team #1419108

This is not accurate, you are misrepresenting the truth.I got banned for no reason.

I had a 5 star rating with many sales and purchases. You gave no notice nor did you respond to my emails. I took the advice and used 2 other devices with new emails and you still did not let me use my new account even though they were not associated with the old account. Not only that but other people who have came to my house can not use their offer up because somehow you have blocked the IP address which should be illegal.

We are not pedophiles or criminals. You should not have rights like that. You send message after message to see if your app is liked but do not fix anything when the feed back is given.

I highly recommend perople to use Letgo or Craigslist to sell their items.I recommended your app to so many people and they have all stopped using it.

to OfferUp Team #1422895

I can’t believe this is actually a company response ... this is a joke right ?

to OfferUp Team #1435192

*** off dumb ***

i just noticed that they keep track of your sales...wtf?

why do they need to know if I make money or not? besides... people NEVER pay what you ask for. and recently sent a survey and asked so much questions about how much I sell per month.

daily.

weekly....kind of suspicious I have to say...