9.6K views
Turnaround Time

OfferUp doesn't let me sell things using my computer. They only allow me to use my *** smart phone!

I don't want that *** on my phone! Why don't they let me sell stuff using my computer, the way I do everything else in the world? This is so damned frustrating!!!!! And they have ZERO help available, no way to reach a human.

So you are just stuck in their limbo forever. Are they trying to get an App on my phone that does other things?

Are they snooping my contacts and messages? Why do I have to use an "App" to do this?

Product or Service Mentioned: Offerup Buy Sell Offer Up Mobile Application.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: No help, Cant use the computer.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Feb 13, 2017.

Comments

I sure would like to know why we can't post our things using our laptop or PC. Do they just want to snoop into our cells?

Lots of info on the net about it

to Zeek #1608732

I dont ever use my phone for offer up.... anybody reading the posts out there??

USE AN ANDROID EMULATOR I have been using one for more than 2 years install it on your computer and you can do all of your listings that way

I like to use the app with computer

I would also like to use my laptop to sell on offer up. A great number of Senior that I have talked to also say if they could use it on their laptop computer they would sell on it.

The Senior/Baby Boomers are the ones that have the most to sell. I hope the owner of this website is reading this and will change the format so many more can use your site.

I've used this site many times to purchase items, but now realize I can't sell because I don't have a smart phone. Is there seriously no way to post through a computer only?

to Jon #1608723

have you not read the post right before yours???

still crying about offerup sales with a computer... get the android app emulator called blue stacks, thats my favorite, works great once you get it setup you install offerup and your pictures to the emulator.. wala

SO I'm not that electronically retarded after all, I thought that SURELY it must be me doing something wrong. This is bananas, man.

Y'all need to change this 'pain point' to put it nicely, like yesterday. It makes zero sense.

ZERO. I know you'll never read this-- Carrie Carr (angry and annoyed potential seller)

I will not use their service on my phone either. sad business

BubblyDragonfly

Same reason I landed here...they think they are super cool to offer only mobile 'sell' Who do they think they are, tinder ??

There is an emulator for Android phones. However for iPhones, no emulator, only simulators which do not allow for use of iPhone apps through the PC.

I too want Offerup to allow posting from my PC. It is much easier & efficient to use a desktop, laptop. I much prefer to work on my large monitor opposed to the small phone screen. Writing & editing descriptions, & moving files is incredibly faster & easier than the cumbersome phone.

Also, much faster to find the photos I need. I have a hundred items to list & the thought of doing that by phone is so daunting I don't care to try.

I would prefer OfferUp, but am forced to use CraigsList. Sorry OfferUp even got 1 star.

to DDraper #1608729

hey DDraper Im looking back thru the archives, saw ur post Using an emulator on you ur computer has nothing to do with the phone u have, u install blue stacks install the the offerup app, load ur pictures into blue stacks media storage, load offerup app, and you are listing on ur comp like on ur phone, but bigger display and KEYBOARD. I do it all the time, let me know if u need some baby sitting

to Anonymous #1608731

I dont ever use my phone for offer up!

to DDraper #1608738

an emulator as nothing to do with the type of phone u have

to DDraper #1608740

seems like alot of babysitting needed out there in offerup land

to DDraper #1608742

I use offerup almost every day, and i dont use my phone any body getting it, read the posts

I agree. You can just emulate anyway so they might as well just allow computer use anyways.

BubblyDragonfly
to darkduality #1549098

To people to say 'oh just an emulator, have u even tried it ?? works like *** There is nothing good out there. Recommend next time you suggest, thanks.