14K views

OfferUp doesn't let me sell things using my computer. They only allow me to use my *** smart phone!

I don't want that *** on my phone! Why don't they let me sell stuff using my computer, the way I do everything else in the world? This is so damned frustrating!!!!! And they have ZERO help available, no way to reach a human.

So you are just stuck in their limbo forever. Are they trying to get an App on my phone that does other things?

Are they snooping my contacts and messages? Why do I have to use an "App" to do this?

Product or Service Mentioned: Offerup Buy Sell Offer Up Mobile Application.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

OfferUp Cons: No help, Cant use the computer.

Comments

DearCassowary243

Why don't you appreciate the fact that you even have an app like this to use and they're not even charging you to use it you're such an ungrateful person for technology that's out there. Learn how to use it or go pay another company to use their services stop whining

Agreed this is a pretty frustrating change, I to am not putting any app on my phone to steal all my info and use up my data.

100% agree. I tried to post an item on Offer Up tonight.

They require me to download their app to post. Pass, I won't load an app to sell stuff.

Their app on my phone or computer will do nothing but collect my data. I'm off to try Let Go, and I already posted on Craig's.

Exactly, i agree with you. These days and tech. why are they behind?

Exactly

This is so true

DryCougar734

I AGREE...I WANT A LARGE SCREEN TO WORK OFF OF WHEN POSTING MULTIPLE ITEMS . I DO RESEARCH & SCREEN SAVE DETAILS on my cell I WANT TO PUT IN LISTING.

I CAN'T HAVE THE APP OPEN ON MOBILE & VIEW IMAGE SCREEN SAVED DETAILS at the same time. VERY FRUSTRATING! Besides your Offerup.com website APPEARS as if you can sell...yet all you get are pop-ups suggesting people download the APP on their mobile device...NOT SPECIFYING YOU 'CAN'T' USE YOUR COMPUTER TO LIST YOUR ITEMS. IT WOULD HELP IF THE NOTIFICATION TOLD PEOPLE...THIS IS A SERVICE THAT CAN ONLY BE USED ON A MOBILE DEVICE.

Why have a website then that appears similar to the App with a 'SELL' option at the top of page.

NOT CLEAR...therefore alot of users are becoming frustrated & continue to TRY & use the website that isn't TELLING them "You Can NOT list items via our website...you MUST use the mobile APP"....Now that's simple enough to clear up this problem and save alot of users (many who will just say "Screw It, I'll just sell through another service". In other words, you are losing Customers.

OfferUp needs to realize that the World does not rotate around cell phones. Wake up, allow selling on a computer as well, it is easier.

@Anonymous

#1752064

use bluestacks and get the android emulator, I read that it's possible

DelectableWildBoar831

I agree whole-heartedly. I HATE doing things on my phone. I am not one of the people that have the phone attached to my hand at all times.

WHY?

Same problem, don't want to use a puny android app, all my descriptions, pictures etc. are on a PC where posting to things like crags, eBay Amazon etc are handled.

Why the inefficient Offer-Pp selling app as an only work around. For me it's a non starter!

I agree with poster. I want to use my computer to sell items.

I never have my cell phone so PC is best for me. Why can't I use my PC?

#1721935

I agree...so much easier on the larger screen of a computer anyhow.

DecimalChipmunk492

Because you are unable to post from PC and load pictures from dslr, I no longer use offerup. You used to but some genius decided people with PC are not important enough, so they took it down. I use Letgo instead.

i think it all has to do with tracking but i'm not sure. do some research maybe even google it. there's got to be some sinister reason why they don't allow it.

thats how they get paid

go to windows store and download the offerup app, I did and now I sell on my computer. the only problem i'm having right now is editing. I can't find the editing feature

Doesn't make sense why we cannot use a computer.