8.4K views
Turnaround Time

OfferUp doesn't let me sell things using my computer. They only allow me to use my *** smart phone!

I don't want that *** on my phone! Why don't they let me sell stuff using my computer, the way I do everything else in the world? This is so damned frustrating!!!!! And they have ZERO help available, no way to reach a human.

So you are just stuck in their limbo forever. Are they trying to get an App on my phone that does other things?

Are they snooping my contacts and messages? Why do I have to use an "App" to do this?

Review about: Offerup Buy Sell Offer Up Mobile Application.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: No help, Cant use the computer.

Comments

I agree, just use craigslist & letgo instead

I agree

Yeah its pretty ridiculous that I can't post from my computer.I will be recommending Facebook instead of Offerup.

OfferUp, make that change now. Don't you get the message?

both not only mobile sweetyolder people have moneythe new ones are young are poorest =since the depressionidiots

tell us why there is no app for direct sales or purchases from a computer.

Use LetGo, eBay or Craigslist they let you use your pc. Offer up is using the bully effect. Shame on them!!!!!!!!!!!

Same

I want to use my computer to sell items. I want to use OfferUp from my computer.

Offer up NEEDED for windows PCSmart phone too small to read and see pictures.

Agreed..not everyone can or wants a smart phone..perhaps reason we are "selling" things is we are trying to pay bills..not buy smart phones. :

I agree with this pissed consumer. It would make things a little smoother and less of a hassle if one were able to use their computer to list.

It's a pain. I too don't understand why selling using your computer to list is not allowed....hmmm.

OfferUp has their reasons for only allowing cell phones to post items. Just because you people don't understand why they do it doesn't mean they are stupid or need to get their **** together.

They are smart by only allowing cell phones to post on here. You ever think about security reasons? they are having two strangers meet up which can be dangerous... or how about people that want to create multiple accounts to screw with people or boost their own items to make their items look more valuable or whatever!!

everyone has a cell phone these days so if you can't or don't want to follow the well designed layout then you're all idiots and should just back to selling on eBay or craigslist.

I sat here laughing for hours at all the comments you retards left so i thank you for the entertainment! please keep the comments coming!!!!

to Anthony #1492384

I like apps that can sync to multiple platforms. It makes things so convenient when you can move from each device because everyone has cell phones, tablets and, even today, desktop computers (don't have an Apple watch).Security crosses the divide of each of these platforms, but hackers can be better than any security, we know that fact nowadays.Letgo, eBay, Craigslist, work cross-platform.

I don't know why OfferUp can't or won't.As for the local markets that Letgo, OfferUp, and Craigslist cater to, one must exercise great discretion when dealing with a potential customer. It's the same discretion you use crossing the Walmart or any parking lot at night.

They're full of strangers.I'm not laughing at your comments. There's nothing here to laugh at.

to Anthony #1498333

Laptops, desktops, and router utilize I.P. addresses just like a mobile device so your argument about them being more secure is false.

If anything mobile apps are less secure.And they are not running their business via an app because they are geniuses. They are starting out that way because of logistical issues.

Million dollar companies use both websites and mobile apps because it gives them the greatest market share. Offer up has gone this way because its cheaper and easier to start.Who is the retard now

to Bo #1501477

One of the main reasons that they don't allow sales to be posted by the web is, of course, money. It is so much easier to copy/paste from a computer and "re-up" your post to the top.

Most people can't do it that easily by phone....

of course they have that nice little option where you pay them money to "re-up" your post so you don't have to go through that hassle! Follow the money, as always!

to Anthony #1532243

LOL i sayd the same thing bro, they act like downloading the app is too much of a hassle. is 2018 these crackers are stuck in the 90s

to Anthony #1537903

No, not everyone has a smart phone or cell phone. Your comments are insulting and degrading to people in general and those with mental challenges in particular.

omfg.. some of you people are literally insane.

paranoid much?you must all be over 40 and not understand what an "app" is and how they came to be. Offerup was developed initially as a quick-selling phone app, and it's growing rapidly and making calculated decisions as it moves across platforms to become more accessible.it's like if I started complaining, saying "HEY WTF. WHY CAN'T I POST ON CRAIGSLIST FROM MY PAGER?? MY PALM PILOT??

HEY WHY CANT I CHECK MY AMERICA ONLINE EMAIL FROM MY *** ROTARY PHONE? THEY MUST WANT ME TO USE THAT FLIPPIN DESKTOP COMPUTER WHATZIT WHOZZIT. GATHERING ALL OUR USELESS INFORMATON, EVEN THOUGH I'M ALREADY LOST UNDERSTANDING THIS SIMPLE TECHNOLOGY, IM ABSOLUTELY SUPER IMPORTANT THAT THEY'D WANNA SPY ON ME!" Get over yourselves. jesus Christ.you're probably all posting lampshades and stuffed animals and rusted tools on there.

take you're useless *** back to the depths of *** aka craigslist, where it belongs (to never be bought and where you can be forever spammed by scammers). ciao!

to Anonymous #1493713

You just too the Words out of my mind