23.5K views

OfferUp doesn't let me sell things using my computer. They only allow me to use my *** smart phone!

I don't want that *** on my phone! Why don't they let me sell stuff using my computer, the way I do everything else in the world? This is so damned frustrating!!!!! And they have ZERO help available, no way to reach a human.

So you are just stuck in their limbo forever. Are they trying to get an App on my phone that does other things?

Are they snooping my contacts and messages? Why do I have to use an "App" to do this?

Product or Service Mentioned: Offerup Buy Sell Offer Up Mobile Application.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

OfferUp Cons: No help, Cant use the computer.

Comments

#2076075

I agree. That is friggin lame.

I can post better ads and do it faster from my computer. 1 Star is all they get.

#2068054

Completely agreed. Ridiculous you can't use the PC to post but ONLY the app

#2058147

I wanted to sell on offer up, sure do miss let go. But all they want you to do is install the app., why?

I don't have enough to upload that app. I only wanted to sell some stuff. Why make it so difficult. Not sure.

But, you know I would never sell on offer up after all this.

I sure do miss Let Go, It was so easy. Bet, they wish they never purchased let go, Offer up sucks the big one!

#2051030

I guess the fact that I don't understand the point of limiting sellers to posting via their smartphone is evidence that I'm ancient or something. There are other platforms that allow the poster to decide whether to use a PC, laptop, tablet or phone.

This seems much more democratic. OfferUp's approach is very strange to me.

#2024070

*** offerup, it's ran by idiots

#2016472

true

#2010342

I can not even log on from my PC. I will not switch to using my phone.

I will use Facebook market place instead. Thanks for nothing Offerup.

#2009981

i used to post from computer but recently the option is gone!

#2009305

Damn Straight - phone is for Calls

#2004159

yes, they bought letgo and changed their garbage platform. i never used the apps in the phone, i am a pc user, they are so blind they do not realize the flow of buyer traffic they are losing, not everyone has a smartphone

#1996127

OfferUp is yet another example of the world addicted to cell phones. These sites seem to allow full use via a PC/windows, but then when you go to buy or sell suddenly you discover that an "app" and a cell phone are required. So frustrating.

#1994128

Something is very odd with this app. Had the same problem cannot use my computer so we used the phone.

Once they had all my info i got lick out impossible to get back in! Wrote emails, they reply saying it’s fixed but still have the same error message ! They don’t have customer service phone line ! At the end we lost the clients and we do not know where all our personal information went!

They getting a lot of peoples information but we cannot contact them?

That is very odd. Are they in USA?

#2004160
@Novalie Xev

after buying letgo, they are trash, sad they were a good site with no spam, bought letgo and they are nothing but spam, scam and no shows, you waste your time selling on here. i moved to mercari and fb marketplace and my sales tripled with shipping

#2085144
@Novalie Xev

How dumb.. can't use my desktop to list anything. It's too tedious on a smart phone

#1992793

I agree. I already have too many apps on my phone because more and more providers make it the only way. In my view, this doesn't build business, it shrinks it.

#1988010

I thought it was just me whole couldn't use my computer for offer up. I have the app on my phone and have used it there before but I am going to delete it as I don't like being monopolized when there are other options.

#1986204

Asss

#1986147

I also do not want to download OfferUp onto my iPhone. So, I'll just continue to use other sites to sell my goods.

#1986029

Back to craigslist for me!

#1985663

I agree this is ridiculous that I can't use my desktop. I don't like to use my phone for stuff like this. Oh well I will sell on craigslist

OfferUp Reviews