Offerup - Unfair Reviews Process

334 of 395 Offerup reviews

I met with a seller going by the name CJM.She agreed to buy a Spot Globe that had a glitch which I explained in my listing.

She was my first customer, and I was really excited to make my first sale. I arrived on time and waited about 15 minutes for her to show. When she did she looked it over, and said she knew how to fix it. These usually retail for 60.00-80.00 online.

I sold it for 20.00, but told her if she got it home, and decided she didnt like it I would refund her money. She said no she wanted it anyways for a teaching tool. I thought she was happy with sale, until I found out she left me not just one, but two poor reviews. All my efforts, and all my other listings will now most likely result to no sales.

I noticed she had alot of listings too, and I wonder how she'd feel if someone carelessly left poor reviews for her after a fair deal? There is no way to contact her to ask why she just didn't contact me for a refund instead of leaving a negative review. I am guessing the reason why is because it wasn't bad enough for her to want to return it. I think Offer Up needs to examine the way it does reviews.

There is no reviews for buyers, and for me to get two from this buyer is unfair, totally. I have no way to refute it, and that's what's unfair. Also, buyer doesnt have a name just initials. She was also tacky by telling me she had no bra on as soon as I arrived.

I wondered if she was trying to hit on me a bit, too. I'm pissed.

If Offer Up want's good sellers then they need to offer a fair platform to allow for both buyer and seller feedbacks, so other's can read comment's.Like wether people show, get ripped off, or like in this case, buyer just likes to give bad reviews without a care.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Non existent customer service

Reason of review:
Lack of Seller Supports
Preferred solution:
Please remove bad review's, or allow seller's the opportunity to defend themselves. Add buyer reviews, and it will stop. My buyer gave me two bad reviews, and she is my first buyer?
Product or service
Lighted World Antique Spot Globe
Review category
Auctions and Internet Stores
review #764955 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Offerup? Submit review ›
Helpful? 4 Yes 4 1 No 1
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
334 of 395 Offerup reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jan 30 #1103506

If we are asked to give a review on Offer Up we should be able to remark the reason for the review. Both reviewers, seller to buyer and buyer to seller.

4 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Offerup. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Offerup.
Filing a new complaint about
×