I had a offer up site then all of a sudden i was not able to log in. This TruYou security came on.

i dont understand very well all these pop ups, so i did what it said. It gave me a badge, i emailed them no response. Im a senior dont understand all this stuff. But i demanded they close this TruYoubaccount or i was pursue legal action and report them to the BBB.

This is terrible and my personal information who knows where.

has anyone experienced this. Do you have to use TruYou?

Product or Service Mentioned: Offerup Website.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Feb 11.

Comments

fixing_your_mess

Facts1. Truyou is NOT optional they force you to sign up otherwise you cannot make an account (as of now july 2018).

for those lucky enough to have made an offerup when dinosaurs existed you are the only exception.2. Offerup says not to give information to strangers etc....but then Truyou asks for id which has your address,date of birth,age,height,weight,picture of you (facial recognition anyone?),country you are in and 40 other personal things....so let me get this straight offer doesn't want me giving a stranger (im meeting) personal info but offerup (a stranger by the way) itself has a "buddy" called Truyou and you expect me to give a 3rd party stranger my id? I don't even know you idiots who work at offerup and you expect me to trust a random idiot you're pointing to?3. I guarantee 100% Truyou will be the downfall of offerup once they get sued from Truyou being hacked and personal info leaked (it can happen) or from a Truyou causing an incident with info they got off someone.4.

Scared of a random buyer stealing from me? Im more scared of a Truyou employee/worker pulling up on me randomly out of nowhere since they have my address,number,face picture etc...if I sign up for their services. That's more threatening and scary because at least I know what the buyer wants but I have no idea what Truyou is after or their end goal.5. Theres a reason ebay,craiglist,amazon,newegg and 1000 other sites don't ask for id its a violation/illegal.6.

Its one thing for the buyer and seller to exchange info like name,number and location because you are meeting the person to purchase something but its another to give your info to a stranger called Truyou or even offerup. Offerup doesn't ask for id because they know its illegal. since the creation of the internet ive been on practically every web site and NOT one asks for an id because its a violation of privacy. So what does offerup do to get around this?

They get a buddy named "Truyou" and that person is the one asking for id. Offerup thinks when this id/invasion of privacy gets to courts they will be free,they really believe deep down only Truyou will be affected and they cant be free. Both will be involved. I hope they both go down.7.

Nothing lasts forever.

When the next buying/selling service comes up offerup will fade away. wish it would happen sooner.

Ma’am that is horrible. I would be concerned as well as to what that information is being collected or used for.Please do seek legal counsel and look into this privacy violation.

Read the fine print on these apps many of them are not going to tell you in big bold print why they collect the information they will most likely try to bury or hide it.

Please try not to be swayed by someone trying to convince you it’s safe. You do what’s right for you.Best of luck and god bless

I feel for you.

It's nothing bad and it doesn't share information. It's just a kind of weird way of making you prove you're you (or really working hard on trying to be someone else) so others know they're not going to meet up with someone else.

I don't know how it could have verified your DL without you knowing you were doing it, but as far as Facebook goes, it's easy for apps to pop up a window asking you to sign in and you quickly tapping yes, and if you're already signed in on that device, it'll skip asking for a password.

Again, they don't share anything with anyone else so you really don't have to worry, but if you're still uncomfortable, try linking them to this complaint to get a response.

For convenience, here's that link: https://offerup.pissedconsumer.com/truyou-violated-my-offer-up-201802111187526.html

I don't know why you're having problems logging in, though. Perhaps a new account is an option?

This just happened to me too!