Verified Reviewer

1.8

I was messaging a seller and told her I was a collector of the items she had posted and how I was interested in a specific piece but also would like info on the other pieces. I told her where that info was located and gave her permission to email or text me if she was comfortable with that...trying to make it easier on her and not be a pain in the butt if I were to ask several questions..didn't give her my info though, I always wait to see if that is the route they are comfortable with first...She responded and listed all the info I requested in the message thread but at the end, while I was typing up a response, she made sure to send a separate message stating she was selling these items for the same amount she purchased them at, just wanting to make her money back.

The asking price was way more than it was actually worth...and it seems as though she knew that and wanted to have an excuse for me as to why her pricing was so high since I am a collector and know how much these items are worth.

I know we all have listed an item for more than it's worth..it gives us room to bargain..so it didn't bother me any. However, when I tried to respond to her I got a pop up saying message couldn't go through due to me violating the messaging rules...uhm my message said, "Thank you so much for the info, you are awesome!" Then I asked if I could buy separately or does it have to be the entire lot.. No violations there!!! I tried to send another, same thing.

Tried several times, restarted the app, tried messaging a different person, nothing worked I kept receiving the same damn pop up! This chick made a false claim against me for no damn reason. I started the message sending only the 1 and she responded with up to 6 messages regarding the item, answering my questions..I never was able to send a second message though. For someone to feel I "violated" the rules she sure the *** had no issues in the beginning responding to me, giving me the info I politely requested.

No indication of anything bad at all. Even when sending the message about why she priced it the way she did I didn't detect anything.. I made sure to screen shot the entire thread to have proof I did nothing wrong!! I sent out a couple e-mails to offerup and nothing back yet.

So Offerup allowed someone to falsely flag me without them looking into the issue first making sure the claims were accurate.

Nope just get to be banned from messaging anyone until Offerup realizes what this person did! This is some major bs!

User's recommendation: Make sure you know the value of the item interested in...don't let anyone try and rip you off! Also, be careful who you message since someone can easily get you flagged with false accusations making it so you cannot message others.

Product or Service Mentioned: Offerup Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Fix my account...change the way this type of issue is handled especially since people are falsely flagging innocent members!!! It is embarrassing, frustrating, and causes someone with severe anxiety to go in freak out mode. .

OfferUp Pros: Discounted prices.

OfferUp Cons: Too many scammers, No way to get in touch with customer support, No in app calling.

Comments