Verified Reviewer

3.0

Someone posted an auction on Offer Up and in their pictures of the item they left their phone number. We worked out an alternate form of pay for an item that they were supposedly going to mail to me within 1-2 business days.

The item didn't come, and they stopped answering my texts altogether after I paid them. I also don't have any photos as this was for a Nintendo Switch for $112, and they took the item off the site almost immediately after I paid, and I couldn't access any of the messaged outside my e-mail. I understand that since we didn't do this through the Offer Up pay system Offer Up isn't responsible for getting my money back. I just wanted to bring this to Offer Ups attention, as I felt like they should consider updating their background checks if they have them or perform them if they don't on potential sellers.

That was all. I am not super mad, as this was mainly on me. I just feel it would help to prevent instances like this with better background checks so that people never intending to sell their items can't post. I also can't accurately rate your company properly with this being my first real experience with you guys.

Thank You. Have a Pleasant Day Happy

Preferred solution: A Better Background Check Policy.

Comments