Verified Reviewer

I was getting a PlayStation 4 of offerup from this dude named Adam Scott I asked him if it was still available the console was listed for $150 I asked if he could go any lower and he said $130 and he said he would take care of shipping this was last night and he said he would go drop it off at post office early in the morning. I woke up to a text from him saying I needed to pay $70 for shipping I said thats doesnt seem right and I wanted a refund he said he cant do anything about a refund, I told him Im not paying any more money than what he told me to pay for well he ended up saying shipping was 25 if I took care of the $20 he said he would take care of $5 well I sent him the $20 and he said he was on the way to the post office this was at 10:30 this morning and I said ok let me know when you get a tracking number he said ok.

I sent 12 texts in a 5 hour span and he still didnt text me back a tracking number or even a text at all. He texted back around 3 pm and asked if I still wanted this ps4 and I said yes I have already payed for it have you not sent it, he responded and said you still have to pay $50 more for shipping at this point Im it was a scam and wanted my money back and he said that he isnt giving any money back and he could hold my money with the PlayStation and wait till I send the $50 for shipping I said no I dont want the product anymore I just want my money back and he said Im sorry i guess somebody else is going to get this PlayStation. He had 2 different cash app profiles I had sent the money on, I have Screentshots of them to. I have already contacted my local police department about the situation and they told me to contact offerup contact service.

I have screenshots and proof of all the payments, his number , I was texting him off of and the messages on google hangouts where I sent him the screenshots Of the payments and he confirmed I still havent got my tracking number and he said Im not getting anything till I send another $50.

This is the first time I used this app and is not a very good first experience at all. All I ask is that he gets found and get what he deserves for scamming people on a buy/sale app you should watch these ppl more.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sony Playstation 4 Video Game Console.

OfferUp Pros: Lots of items.

OfferUp Cons: Flakes and wasting my time, Withholding funds.

Comments