1.1K views

This app is a true scammers paradise. I was scammed on the sale of a vehicle for parts.

The buyer acted as a father and son, the father going to ship the car to the son. The father could not make it to see the car but was willing to purchase it anyway. After multiple back and forth, wanting the transaction in person, I agreed and he mailed me a check for the purchase and for the shipment. The check was later placed against my bank account as a returned check.

I had cashed the check and gave money tot he shipper. The money that was taken out of my account was not the purchasers money, but mine. The scammer used the following e-mails: dammyone2@gmail.com, which comes back to Joseph Seun, a second e-mail, josivic@gmail.com and cell number 601-336-2209, the name given for the phone number is Jeff Scott.

Their shipper's name is Robert Ogrodny with a bank account at Bank of America. Bank of America is unwilling/refuses to talk to me about the fraud.

This person wrote the review because of "fraud/scam" at Offerup. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $1800 and wants Offerup to offer any options to resolve the issue.

The most disappointing in user's experience was scammers and buyers not showing up. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Offerup for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

the same guy with the exact email ..fathet and son contacted me through fb trying to purchase an equipment from me..had a feeling it was a scam cuz he rushed me to take my pic off of fb and want my info and say he wpuld give me a tracking..never got the tracking and the son fb acct no longer existed..then i google his email..and found the reviews..glad i ran into this thread..

i currently am having an email convo with danielleb5t@gmail.com wanting to buy a dress for $160 and saying they can't buy on the app and want to send a certified check. so glad i read these before agreeing!

to tiffany #1338508

I recently had someone named Danielle Garcia with email danielleb5t@gmail.com also asking to purchase an item citing that method of payment they pay for items is check when clearly the site asks have items to be paid only via paypal and bank card. In order for a check to be successfully cleared from the bank takes about 7 business days yet they told me they need the item I have for sale within 2 weeks for a wedding.

to lana #1338509

Sorry correction of typo ==> I recently had someone named Danielle Garcia with email danielleb5t@gmail.com also asking to purchase an item citing that method of payment they pay for items is check when clearly the site asks have items to be paid only via paypal and bank card. In order for a check to be successfully cleared from the bank takes about 7 business days yet they told me they need the item I have for sale within 2 weeks for "THEIR" wedding. Ironically her email was sent to me on june 7th, the same day you had posted your post about her

I have someone commenting me that they would like to buy one of my items and I had stated that I do not do off app transactions and they keep responding to me "hi, i would buy this item posted reply to me at daniellebt gmail dot com" they sent me the same comment 4 times!

Hanson, Massachusetts, United States #1289661

The very same thing happened to me a few days ago. Money gram wouldn't send the payment because it was suspicious, the person from this email danielleb5t@gmail.com said they cancelled the check.

Now they are saying they are going to get the FBI involved.

It's a scam!!!! If anyone had contact with this person go to local law enforcement if they cashed the check to file a police report then go talk to your bank.

Dallas, Texas, United States #1200861

This person Robert Ogrodny just scammed me for $1100.00 I dont understand how this man could do this the email used was danielle5t@gmail.com I'm guess he or she is all over trying to scammed anyone. He also said he just got married and bought a truck. this person needs to be PUT IN JAIL!!!

Dayton, Ohio, United States #1190199

I am getting a similar offer. They are willing to give me full price plus $50 for holding it.

and give the other money to the shipper. How do they know what the weight of the merchandise is? I was asked to send them an email instead of communicating via Offer Up.

This smells of scam!!! this email is danielleb5t@gmail.com

to Anonymous Boca Raton, Florida, United States #1194133

Same scammer with that email asked me the same for merchandise I sell on Poshmark

to Anonymous Brooklyn, New York, United States #1194221

I just googled her email and she did the same on my poshmark

to Anonymous Rockville, Maryland, United States #1194585

I had someone from the same email ask me to hold an item so that they could purchase later. It was a designer item on Poshmark.

They offered $50 more than I was selling it for. Smelled scam all over it!

to Anonymous Plainsboro, New Jersey, United States #1195692

I have the same exact scam for poshmark. Thankfully J read this or i'd be out $1190

to Anonymous Jersey City, New Jersey, United States #1201683

Same thing is happening to me this very moment, and my mom said it fishy. I'm not sure what I should

Do

Kenansville, Florida, United States #1187091

cash is king

to rs Tarentum, Pennsylvania, United States #1226553

so I have something very similar going on and they sent the check via priority mail eexpress??? how do I know if this is fake?? they also never asked the weight of the purchase and its a very expensive wooden bunk bed which they also paid $50 for my troubles ect plus the money to pay the shipper once the check clears