I'm sorry to say I was scammed the same way out of $1350.00 using Offer Up. I was selling a table and this guy Alex wanted to by it and he sent me a certified check overnight via FedEx for $2300.00 which included his shippers charge.

Once he contacted me on Offer Up we moved to Texting (1st mistake). My bank cashed the certified check because I'm a good customer. I did make a copy of the check and looked that bank on line and it's a real back. I was under the mindset a bank certified check as a good document (2nd mistake) so I sent his shipper $1350.00 via Money Gram at Walmart to a person named Isaac Retief Dissaqui in MD (3rd mistake).

I wanted to use a Money Gram automated system a my CVS and send the funds via card, but he said it needed to go through Walmart for cash payments (4th mistake). My bank said it's my problem and so did Money Gram. I wish the girl at Walmart would have said this might be a scam. Thinking now, they must get this all the time from reading these blogs which I should have done before cashing the check (5th mistake) I feel like a complete *** and this was costly LESSONS LEARNED.

My wife said her gut was telling her something is wrong here, but I said it should be fine (6th mistake not listening to my wife again. Filed a police report and they said they are getting 3 to 5 of these a week.

I hope this post will alert others to these scams. Now I feel I need to get identity protection.

Product or Service Mentioned: Offerup Marketplace.

Reason of review: scammed on Offer Up .

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jul 09, 2017.

Comments