I was having a garage sale and decided to maximize sales by posting some items on OfferUp.I received numerous alerts from what I can only describe as pretend buyers.

These are some of the statements I received, "Good morning i dont know if its too early to come?' 'I'm coming later,' 'Can I go see it now?' 'Can I come to get it tomorrow? 'I'm on my way" and many others.

I wrote this review because this is the second time I posted on OfferUp with the same results.These deceptive buyers who appear very interested, lead me to be concerned over my information.

fuzzyminds wrote the review about Offerup and attached photo s. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Offerup to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

The most disappointing in user's experience was buyers do not show up. Author liked the most easy to use. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Offerup for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Offerup?

Comments

LadyScot
Naples, Florida, United States #1204766

Would you be concerned about your info if you had posted the items in the want ads of the newspaper?Honestly your paranoia is amusing.

No one knows where you live or who you are unless you tell them.

And offer up can not control the responses you get to your ads.Did you bother to respond to the potential buyers?

to LadyScot Swoope, Virginia, United States #1206357

In this date and age, paranoia is, well...smart!In response to your question, yes, I replied to the potential buyers.

That is why it is of concern, because you have to give them your address.

If it happened once or twice, I would think nothing of it, but over 20 times.Kinda of questionable!