Offerup - Pretend Buyers

273 of 395 Offerup reviews

I was having a garage sale and decided to maximize sales by posting some items on OfferUp.I received numerous alerts from what I can only describe as pretend buyers.

These are some of the statements I received, "Good morning i dont know if its too early to come?' 'I'm coming later,' 'Can I go see it now?' 'Can I come to get it tomorrow? 'I'm on my way" and many others.

I wrote this review because this is the second time I posted on OfferUp with the same results.These deceptive buyers who appear very interested, lead me to be concerned over my information.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Other
Review category
Auctions and Internet Stores
review #834224 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Offerup? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
273 of 395 Offerup reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
LadyScot

Aug 28 #1204766 Naples, Florida, United States

Would you be concerned about your info if you had posted the items in the want ads of the newspaper? Honestly your paranoia is amusing. No one knows where you live or who you are unless you tell them.
And offer up can not control the responses you get to your ads. Did you bother to respond to the potential buyers?

0 1 Reply

Aug 31 #1206357 Swoope, Virginia, United States

In this date and age, paranoia is, well...smart! In response to your question, yes, I replied to the potential buyers. That is why it is of concern, because you have to give them your address. If it happened once or twice, I would think nothing of it, but over 20 times. Kinda of questionable!

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.