Offerup - Review in Auctions and Internet Stores category

7 of 439 Offerup reviews

I received an offer from someone named Nevin Eldin who also emailed me outside of the OfferUp site.The items totaled 550.00 and he wanted to add $30 holding fee in addition.

He sends me a certified check one for 1500 and the other for 2000.00. I questioned him and he said to deduct what I owe him and send the rest to a wade yoshii in Augusta Ga. I got suspicious and googled wade yoshii and found another complaint. I contacted the police.

I have the money but refuse to use it. Chances are it will come back fraudulent and I'll owe the bank 3500! Do not trust anyone who emails you outside the site.

I'm terrified and a nervous wreck.Filing a police report

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

review #989380 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Offerup? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
7 of 439 Offerup reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jan 16 #1271773 San Jose, California, United States

Did this happen to you twice? Another reverie had the same ending. "Called police... and nervous wreck."

0 0 Reply
Miss Betsy

Jan 11 #1269465

You will be very lucky if your bank doesn't close your account for having cashed the obviously fake checks and make it very difficult to open another bank account for years to come.

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Offerup. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Offerup.
Filing a new complaint about
×