Verified Reviewer

1.5

My wife and I both have offer up , were both TruYou (stupid/pointless ) and verified down the board and have a fair amount of 5 star reviews and 0 bad ones . Ive been a user since 2014 shes been one for a year .

I post a item for sale my iPhone I post it for a fair price put my little pitch add some pictures and voilà few days later nothing crazy offer up as usual getting offers for about 5 to 10% of what I posted it for a lot of Spanish etc. etc. one day my wife shows me a user by the name of D one of the classic no profile picture , no phone , no reviews no verifications .. NOTHING.

Accounts, is selling AirPods . Look at obviously fake these are she said pointing to the sky blue circle shaped AirPods posted as Apple AirPods DNT WASTE MY TYME . So she reports her . I get in my offer up later on and see her again posting the same fake AirPods but this time she found an Apple AirPods box and raised the price 70$ dollars with the other post right beneath it .

(Lol) I report her too . But I send her message saying its not cool to do that youre ripping people off . A few days later she (yes I know not banned or anything) she posts a picture of my listing saying FAKW IPHONE SCAMMER DONT BIY IT the description read : dis phone is fake cuz da way the glass isnt foggy and the home button is big (by the way this is an iPhone 11 Pro they dont have home buttons ) so I report her , my wife sees the post and reports her and even a friend sees it and reports her . Thats 3 verified tru you users , with over 200 5 star reviews combined and over 20 years of total age of accounts .

The next day my wife cant send messages because of a offensive message notice from offer up I get shadowbanned and my acquaintance is required to secure their account. A couple days later after appealing offer up and showing them screen shots of everything Im full on banned shes shadow banned and so is the person I knew from the app. D than goes to post another post about me and my iPhone saying scammer taking out dis is getting real heres my ca$happ/******* I got uz shes still posting garbage and causing problems to this day. And STILL selling wish/Chinese AirPods as real ones and is still unverified in anyway with no profile picture .

And best of all offer up took over let go so now unless I buy a new phone and change my identity I cant moible shop anymore ... So tell me how the *** is this happening ?

And OfferUp , shame on you.

So ... Happy Buying / Selling !!!

User's recommendation: IF YOU DECIDE TO USE OFFERUP OF SOMEONE IS RUDE TERRIBLE OFFERS OR IS TERRIBLE OTHERWISE , just don’t say anything and DEFINETLEY don’t report anyone , keep you’re head down .

Preferred solution: Amends / resolution / and or statement .

OfferUp Pros: Make some money maybe.

OfferUp Cons: App is a nightmare, Blatant avoidance by the service reps.

Comments