Offerup Auto Advertisement Review from Winston Salem, North Carolina

227 of 395 Offerup reviews

Person said, they were in the military and had to sell the motorcycle fast for they were about to deploy over seas.The ad was for 1500, so I offered to meet and they said they were on base with the bike.

They told me they would set shipping and payment up on ebay, and would perfer to take payment in itunes card. Sounds legit. They sent pics and the ebay info over. I did my part and received confirmation that everything was good to go.

Today ,I get a email from ebay saying that thay need 1000 more dollars to continue shipping. Sounds like a scam. The number that they are claiming is ebay support is 408-890-2276, which is in California, but ebay customer service number starts with 866. Sounds like I've been had.

Sucks cause now im out of 1500. Will never do this again.

Not to mention they said that their husband passed away 4 months ago.The name they used was Adelle Mountuy.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

2006 Suzuki Hayabusa
Review category
Auctions and Internet Stores
review #865037

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Offerup? Submit review ›
Helpful? 7 Yes 7 2 No 2
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
227 of 395 Offerup reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jun 28 #1178801 South Windsor, Connecticut, United States

This comment just saved me so much. I iniquired about a Range Rover and got a veryyyyy similar message to the one you got. Husband passed away 4 months ago, she's selling it cheap because she's going away to another country for a year with her team and doesn't want to pay for it to be in storage. Sorry for what happened to you! People suck

Jun 16 #1174037

I ran into one like that last night

Jun 16 #1173799

Someone named staff Sgt heather reid is trying to sell a jeep bc said shes fixin to deploy

Jun 15 #1173450

I have seen those ads.realy good deals but when I see the I am overseas and will handle on ebay.that ends it .it's a scam.beware

2 0 Reply

Jun 14 #1173103

Same EXACT thing happened to us but for a vehicle. They used the military story, but their loved one died and they couldn't bare to look at his car any more! $2k is what they got us for. And we were so proud we were getting a descent car for our daughter. Shame on them!!

3 1 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Offerup. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Offerup.
Filing a new complaint about
×