Verified Reviewer

I contacted OfferUp to ask them to simply close my account after completing my only sale on their website and subsequently moving abroad. I asked them to close the account on my behalf as OfferUp was not accessible from the country to which I had relocated.

They came back with a permanent block instead citing I had violated their rules. When I asked them for details, not that it really matters to me because I a) have no need for their services and b) cannot access their website from the country to which I relocated, they then stated they would not further discuss.

I found this to be poor form, particularly when I legitimately and honestly sold an item to a legitimate buyer via their website. Instead of focusing on the multitude of scammers hosted by their platform, their action seemed spiteful as my original was precisely to close my account.

User's recommendation: I do not recommend.

Product or Service Mentioned: Offerup Website.

Preferred solution: Remove the block and simply action the original request to close the account .

OfferUp Cons: Scams.