Glendale, California
14.5K views 178 comments
3.0
Privacy and Data Security

So I've been using offerup for about 6 or so months and just within the last month it has stopped allowing me to send or receive messages.I have made two or three different accounts yet they all do the same thing even after I verify the emails for each account.

It will let me search every type of item and find them and I can technically "send" a message but it does not send. I sent a message on the app to my friend but he did not receive it and still has not.

I just hope that they fix it.This has also happened to my fiance but not her mother or anyone else I know.

Review about: Offerup Mobile Application.

Reason of review: The app worked flawlessly prior to this happening..

I liked: It when the app worked.

I didn't like: That it started to screw up.

Had an Experience with Offerup?

Comments

Ronnie
Los Angeles, California, United States #1353833

Same thing is happening to me

Chandler, Arizona, United States #1343657

Bit will not let me make offers or post any thing I did for a while my wife's don't work but other people's do why is that can u help please thanks email me at villaramon83@gmail.com

SIMPLE ANSWER YOUR BANNED

Okay to EVERYONE who suddenly can send messages but they don't arrive to others, your items don't post or you don't receive messages from others for items you've posted a while back, the answer is simple: you've been banned.

OfferUp expect you to kiss lowballer's *** and not get upset.Blocking too many people will get you banned.

Reporting too many people (even if all reports are legit) will get you banned. Sometimes they will punish you for a few days without notice.

But most of the time, they will ban you.I have done an experiment on this.

Raleigh boyz

Offer sneaks up and blocks your acc...I hate offer up and I am working out a few ways to get around them...I notice craigslist is coming back I guess others are sick of offer ups horrible customer service and low down tricks

I just downloaded offer up to buy and sell a couple things but the app won't let me create an account

anonymous
San Francisco, California, United States #1331591

Just signed up for an account, saw an item I liked and immediately offered them cash, tried to send a message since they were literally a few minute drive away and wanted to get the item before anyone else.

Then the app said Error. Wouldn't let me send a message. Now the app is down and website is down saying theres tech work in progress.

Bummer, thought the app was good looking at reviews, shouldn't this be like a beta version not something that's been around for years and breaks?

Monesda
Garden Grove, California, United States #1331511

Same here I have been using the app for like a year and like 3 days ago I messaged 5 people about an item and got no reply. I think its a bug in the new update they released may 2.

JakDaRippa
Avondale, Arizona, United States #1330672

the same exact thing has happened to me.i have contacted their non-existent Customer Support staff for months now, but have only receive automate responses.

when the app was working, i've gone so far as to buy my dream car...Range Rover HSE.wtf is going on???

Amir

You have been ghost banned.Happened to me and couldn't figure out what to do for literally a month.

Only way to make it work again is to factory reset phone. Once you have reset it don't download offer up. Make a brand new email that has no relation to your previous ones.

Then download offer up with that email and don't put your phone number.IT worked for me

Evon

Same situation​ here why is this happening this is where I make my money ughh