Live in Virginia Beach,Virginia and decided to try this link for the first time. Their program keeps offering displaying me items in Tennessee.

When I clicked their 'allow them to locate' link they said I lived in Kansas. Final result I could never view items for sale within five hundred (500) miles of my location.

As must enjoy punishment I closed the program and reloaded it twice with the same results. Company and software total POS.

Suggest anyone trying to sell items via this program is wasting their time, they should use Craiglist or Ebay or simply stand on the corner of a busy street as will get better results.

Review about: Offerup Website.

Reason of review: Unable to view items in my state.

Comments

fixing_your_mess

Facts1. Truyou is NOT optional they force you to sign up otherwise you cannot make an account (as of now july 2018).

for those lucky enough to have made an offerup when dinosaurs existed you are the only exception.2. Offerup says not to give information to strangers etc....but then Truyou asks for id which has your address,date of birth,age,height,weight,picture of you (facial recognition anyone?),country you are in and 40 other personal things....so let me get this straight offer doesn't want me giving a stranger (im meeting) personal info but offerup (a stranger by the way cause I have NO idea who these fools are and have never met an offerup employee) itself has a "buddy" called Truyou and you expect me to give a 3rd party stranger my id? I don't even know you idiots who work at offerup and you expect me to trust a random idiot you're pointing to? If I don't trust you why would I trust them?you're dumber than a bag of bricks.3.

I guarantee 1000% Truyou will be the downfall of offerup once they get sued up the *** either from Truyou being hacked and personal info leaked (don't say it cant happen,everybody and their dog has been hacked at some point and personal info leaked even big name companies) or from a Truyou causing an incident with info they got off someone.4. Scared of a random buyer stealing from me? Im more scared of a Truyou employee/worker pulling up on me randomly out of nowhere since they have my address,number,face picture etc...if I sign up for their services.That's more threatening and scary because at least I know what the buyer wants but I have no idea what Truyou is after or their end goal.5. Theres a reason ebay,craiglist,amazon,newegg and 1000 other sites don't ask for id its a violation/illegal.6.

Its one thing for the buyer and seller to exchange info like name,number and location because you are meeting the person to purchase something but its another to give your info to a stranger called Truyou or even offerup.

Offer doesn't ask for id to make an account but if you decide to sell it will ask for id but it points their finger to another person called Truyou. If that aint suspicious what is?