Offerup - I WAS SCAMMED OUT OF $2000.00 ON OFFER UP WEBSITE.

47 of 395 Offerup reviews

I WAS TOLD THAT I NEEDED TO SEND THE GREEN DOT CARDS FROM WALMART,RITE AID ETC.EVERYONE SELLS THEM.

I SENT THE SCAMMER THE $2000.00 THEY WANTED FOR A JEEP WRANGLER. THESE PEOPLE WERE REALLY GOOD. I THOUGHT I WAS TALKING TO EBAY I WAS TALKING TO THE SCAMMERS AND DIDN'T KNOW IT. I EVEN WENT ON FACEBOOK TO SEE ABOUT THE STORY THEY WERE SAYING ABOUT BEING TRANSFERRED WITH THERE JOB AND YES IT WAS ALL THERE.

TO VERY THE STORY. I CONTACTED OFFER UP RIGHT AWAY AND THE GREEN DOT COMPANY ABOUT FRAUD. THE GREEN DOT COMPANY TOLD ME THEY WOULDNT BE ABLE TO DO ANYTHING AFTER I SENT THEM ALL THE INFORMATION THEY WANTED THEY TURN THE VICTIM ME INTO THE ACCUSED. I TALKED TO POLICE OFFICERS IN THE AREA AND WITHOUT A NAME OF MY OFFENDER I BASICALLY CAN NOT DO ANYTHING.

GREEN DOT COMPANY TOLD ME IF I HAS A SUBPEONA THEY WOULD HELP ME WITH THERE NAME AND ACTIVATION WHERE ABOUTS BUT WITHOUT IT.

THATS TOO BAD.IS THERE ANYONE WHO CAN HELP?

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Offerup Auto Advertisement
Review category
Auctions and Internet Stores
review #943521 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Offerup? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 2 No 2
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
47 of 395 Offerup reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
JeepSux

Nov 11 #1239355 Sanford, Maine, United States

thats why sometimes i rather go to dealer and buy a overpriced vehicle then to buy a cheap vehicle becuase overpaying at dealer is better then getting scammed

0 0 Reply

Nov 02 #1235529 Manchester, Connecticut, United States

Sorry this happened to you! It almost happened to me today! I was looking at a Jeep Wrangler she gave me a story about it being sold for $3000 (which is way under KKB) because her husband just passed away and could not stand to look at it. then says we can do the transaction through eBay so there's buyer protection. Come to find out they want me to send onevanilla gift cards to pay for it, I contacted eBay they told me it was a scam do not pay!

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Offerup. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Offerup.
Filing a new complaint about
×