Verified Buyer

Verified Reviewer

1.1

Update by user Jul 17, 2020

Bad experience, I was scam by one of there seller

Original review posted by user Jul 17, 2020

On July 16, 2020, I saw a car advertised on OfferUp. 2009 Nissan Altima for $800.

The seller told to send my email address which I did. We began to discuss the car. She said the car had belonged to her husband, and he pass away. She is paying two car insurance, and she is in the army, and she will be leaving the country.

Therefore, she would like to get rid of it right away. I said ok I will purchase it. She then told me she is a member of eBay, I should make the purchase through them. I also got an agreement with myself and her from eBay.

I believe it was legal. Her name is Teresa Martin, that's the name she gave me. However, she told me she will pay for shipping it's free, and she is in the military, as a fool I believed. I then went and bought the eBay cards to had the $800 on to it, when she receive the funds.

Right after she said I must send additional $1000 for insurance which is refundable. I told her I didn't have that funds, her response was I should borrow it. Remind you she said shipping is free for me, and she will take care of it. Then I began to realize she had scams me.

Forgot to say, when I complete the transaction, and she received the $800, I got my receipt stating I should pay additional 1000, if I don't complete the transaction I will lose the car and my payment. Then I call her out. I said you are a scammer, she never responded again.

My son as the other part of the receipt. I am not able to take photo of at this time until he gets home.

User's recommendation: Be careful when purchasing cars on line. This person continues post the same car at this point on Off up with different states Nissan Altima 2009 $800. With different names as well.

Product or Service Mentioned: Offerup Profile.

OfferUp Pros: Research the cars being advertised, Research the car.

OfferUp Cons: Lot of scam artists wasting my valuable time, Still waiting on a response.

Comments