Verified Buyer

Verified Reviewer

I was unaware on how to pay using offer up app when i thought i was making a purchase on offer up app as im new and had never used the app before. Last night i got scammed out of $630 trying to get a playstation 5.

I didnt know that i had to use the app itself to pay for a secure payment because like i said i am new to the app and also they guy who i got scammed from told me to pay using cashapp. So i sent the money and the guy didnt reply to me and wont refund my money. Then he disabled his offer up account. This guy was very convincing that he was legit.

I have proof of everything as i kept screenshots and pictures. Im asking you to please help me in any way you can. Im not asking offer up to refund me but to please report the person to the police. The scammer had a tru you badge so he had to have used a drivers licence.

Wether it was his licence or not, he needs to be reported so this doesnt happen again to someone who doesnt know how to use the app.

Please help me out here. Thank you

User's recommendation: Use the offer up payment and shipping method or you will be scammed!

Preferred solution: Report the man that scammed me to the police please. I have a report filled out with them in great bend, ks 67530.

OfferUp Cons: There are scammers on the site, No way to get in touch with customer support.

Comments