Received an OfferUp message from a certain Hellen. She said, my uncle is interested with the item if still available but he does not have an OfferUp account. Please email him at samseewell8@gmail.com.

So, I emailed the address and told the address to contact us directly at the phone number I provided.

I then returned to OfferUp to contact Hellen. Guess what, just after 10 minutes, the account was no longer there AND we never received an email or call from the uncle.

EMAIL PHISHING!!! Never ever respond to similar request. I will admit, I was unsuspecting. But will never do it again.

Watch out people.

This reviewer shared experience and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall dissatisfied with Offerup. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Offerup.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Auctions and Internet Stores category for more informed decision or compare Offerup to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Offerup?

Comments

Redmond, Washington, United States #1259774

I received the same email today.

Same person offered to by my bunkbeds.He was sending me a cashiers check for more than my beds.

He wanted me to put the check in my account and send him the rest.Shame on him.

Broomfield, Colorado, United States #1233837

I had the same thing yesterday. Same Sam email.

Chicago, Illinois, United States #1233087

I received a similar request.From some guy saying that his uncle was interested and for me to email him....

uncle says he's trying to purchase item, will send certified bank check of payment.

Once it clears will then come pick it up......

Do you think this is the same thing????

to Anonymous Yuma, Arizona, United States #1236510

Don't do it, it is a scam same thing happend to me today.. They sent a fake check for a much higher amount of 1900 when item was only 450.. Good thing bank caught it and now they are being investigated..