I made a sale using the offer up system they provided a shipping label, Customer decided they did not want the item so I issued a refund. So then the customer sent me back a book the same weight of the item instead of original item that I sold them.

My item was worth $100.00 But the Book he sent back and switched the package with was worth $10.00. Complete scam . Heres the kicker offer up sent the buyer the payment back before I even received my package. So when I contacted Offer I had to wait 2 days after the fact even for a reply .

They said that they could not help me . Wow I sent several emails and no help whatsoever. So offer up holds the funds until buyer receives, and has 2 days to inspect. Then if they release the funds a few days later.

But if buyer is not satisfied they issued a refund once package is received ( not even making sure the seller got the original item back in the same order it was received (not inspected yet) they dont even make sure you get the actual item back before they refund the money . It should go both ways to protect the seller and the buyer. Not the case with offer up. I did not mention offer up makes money off of the seller (takes a percentage) they also make money off of the shipping / shipping labels (not insured) ., By the way .

They charge for shipping but dont protect your items. (Liability issues )

User's recommendation: Do not do business with offer up .

Product or Service Mentioned: Offerup Internet Store Advertisement.

OfferUp Pros: Good advert, Diversity of products and ease of app, Good opportunity to sell and buy, Good user base.

OfferUp Cons: No way to call them, No over the phone customer service, No customer technical support at all, Abusive buyers, No payment bs issues.

Comments