Verified Reviewer

2.5

Update by user Jan 23, 2021

No answer, no resolution, no refunds, NOTHING

Original review posted by user Jan 23, 2021

I posted a CAP GUN and a MULTITOOL that had a blade and without any notice, my account was suspended. Meanwhile Im TruYou verified 5 star member with over 40 sales super shipper Im a loyal member and Im not one to break the rules, had i known that these items were prohibited, I would have never listed them!

Meanwhile, I have scammers literally DAILY trying to get access to my google accounts by asking for my number and they send a code and tell me to tell them the code and stupidly I did one day and every single one of my google accounts were compromised and my passwords were changed and I spent days on the phone with google services to regain access to my google accounts and what do ya know? That member still has an active account even after I reported him! I usually wouldnt be this upset but I literally just made 3 sales today for a significant amount of money and I shipped them out but now all my listings are not available and theres no pending payments anymore meaning the buyers are getting free items and I lose not only the items but the money as well. It would have been nice to get a heads up that because I listed an item that goes against the rules, that my account could be deactivated and I would have immediately taken them down!

But no, the sorry man out of work since March due to covid (me) gets kicked out but the scammer named PhoReal who joined January 2021 with nothing verified at all gets to continue on with his schemes. Man, ever since OfferUp and letgo merged, the security features have been atrocious! Im legit upset about this! Im losing over $300 and a pair of AirPods, an Apple smart battery and a lot of over 40 records...

Shame on you OfferUp get your *** together and reactive my account or I will take you to small claims civil court just as I did with eBay and WON!

Won against big bad eBay and OfferUp is insignificant when it comes to eBay.

I even got em with mental anguish and got my $1,500 back plus another $2,500 for mental anguish, financial interruption, and lack of communication. Ill do it again promise you that

User's recommendation: Don’t bother reporting scammers, just block them. Make sure you don’t post a toy cap gun lol or you’ll lose your account. Better off, don’t use OfferUp at all! It’s completely littered with scammers and I see people falling into these “cashapp” traps and “give me your phone number and send me back the code I sent to you” so they gain access to your google accounts. There’s not a day that goes by that I don’t get messages from at least one sketchy person. OfferUp should make sure ALLLLLL MEMBERS are TruYou verified along with email and phone number verification. Ridiculous.

Product or Service Mentioned: Offerup Account.

Preferred solution: My account reactivated right away.

Comments